In this fast paced world, juggling multiple tasks is not only commonplace, it’s the norm. And it seems things keep on getting faster.
I often wonder:
How much can I handle before I have a system meltdown and my brain stops functioning entirely?
There have been times where I’ve gotten close. The solution was to take a break, give my brain downtime, and refuel by reading or engaging in some other non-writerly, but equally stimulating activity.
Now that deadlines have been thrown into the mix, having a hiatus is not an option.
What’s a girl to do?
No, really, I’m asking, WHAT’S A GIRL TO DO?
I have dome ideas:
- Handle one thing at a time, one day at a time.
- Instead of focusing on how much is left to do, focus on how much has been accomplished.
- Resist the urge to burn the midnight oil and get adequate sleep. (Really, I’ve NEVER been one to pull all nighters…that will ensure my brain failing.)
- Eat healthy and get some exercise.
- Take mini-breaks.
- Listen to invigorating music.
- Make writing an adventure–remember that enthusiasm that got you writing in the first place and draw on that for inspiration and motivation.
What other tips can you think of to battle burn out?