Super talented writer and blog buddy Michelle H. asks a fabulous question to us blog chainers. It’s particularly apropos for me as I tread water in the query pool.
Be positive! Name some of the positive aspects of your writing — be it a compliment from a mentor, friend or crit partner to anything special you learned concerning your writing skills.
When it’s so easy to get beaten down by the rejections, it’s CRUCIAL to remember your strengths. (Hopefully, I won’t sound to conceited or grandiose in listing these, LOL!)
- I can write action scenes well
- I got my MC’s voice
- My MG captures humor pretty well (which is not something that comes easy for me)
- I am good at listening to feedback and try to keep an open mind
- Even though it hurts, I take the plunge and cut out whatever doesn’t work
- I keep the pace going
- I kill “was” and “that” whenever possible, but allow myself to use them when appropriate
- I have added adverbs INTO my MS and am PROUD OF IT
How about you? What are some positives about your writing–please share!!!