Can I get a woot-woot for the New Year? *Woot!*
This month, Deb asks the pertinent and timely question:
What are your writing goals for 2011?
Drum roll please!
- Get feedback for rewrite of TALENT’S BLOOD while tackling the
dreadedquery letter. (Already in progress.)
- Get *much* better title for TALENT’S BLOOD, THE REWRITE. (I’m thinking ENDURE…?).
- Revise TALENT’S BLOOD, THE REWRITE.
- Take a Xanax (maybe several), then query agents for TALENT’S BLOOD, THE REWRITE.
- Ignore the sting of the R’s. (Again, the Xanax will help with that.)
- Rewrite TALENT’S BLOOD, THE REWRITE again. (Um, I’m hoping NOT to have to do this one.)
- Finish MG adventure. (It’s 1/2 done and the outline is there for me to resume when ready!)
- Outline and write a MG (as of yet untitled) adventure with a twist. (This one will require a lot of research.)
- Do you think I’ll have an agent yet? Show of hands, please.
- Have my writerly buds pull me back from the brink of quitting. Again.
- Revise DARK PRIDE–the kitty shapeshifter one…I miss Nickie and Xavian. There, I’ve said it.
In reviewing this list, I’ve noticed a few things.
- My goals start out very concrete and logical–get feedback, revise, etc. Then they become larger the further along I go (relatively distant goals tend to do that, I guess).
- There’s a lotta excitement–and stress–heading my way, LOL!
- You gotta have a sense of humor in this game.
- Writing buds are a NECESSITY!
So, what’re your writing goals for 2011? Be sure to pop in next week for Lydia’s goals!