I got an iPad for my birthday–sa-weet!!!! Anywho, I’ve been fiddling around with how to use it for my writing endeavors. I am, as always, open to suggestions, so feel free to comment with any and all info you have about apps.
In an effort to stimulate the convo, I’ve linked to a SUPER blog post about iPad apps just for writers!
Macgasm (LOL, what a title!): My NaNoWriMo iPad Toolkit
Highlights of apps (many around $5-10, some free!) detailed include:
- Notebooks–syncs with Scrivener 2.0; allows you to set up folders, chapters, scenes, etc
- Simplenote–for a quick note
- Writer–resets the keypad to type easier; provides a “focus” mode to highlight only three lines of text at a time (bye-bye Internal Editor!)
- Index Cards–for notes to organize scenes
- iThoughts HD–map your ideas and connect scenes
- Outliner–outlines (yeah, pretty self-explanatory, LOL!)
- SoundNote–allows you to record while you write!
- Noteshelf–allows you to handwrite notes without a keyboard
- Kindle App–SO cool!
- ArtStudio–doodle or sketch a scene if you’re artistically inclined
AND you can get a wireless keyboard for you iPad for around $70.
M’kay, folks. Do you have an iPad? If so, how do you use it for writerly type things? What apps have you found most helpful?
We’re well into our travels for the sisterhood of the traveling blog. This week, Danyelle answers her question about the importance of stories (see link below).
Lydia’s post here.
Danyelle’s post here.