Wow, can’t believe another month is drawing to a close! That means the traveling blog has come full circle…good thing too, cuz the blog van is almost out of gas.
This week, Zoe drives us home with her post on goals. Enjoy!
Stick around, because I’ll start off a new tour in two weeks!
Here’s sumthin’ I’ve been wonderin’ about and I’d like to hear your thoughts. Many posts on the writerly sites focus on developing well-rounded, three-dimensional characters. Protagonists with flaws, antagonists with endearing qualities, you know, interesting people. Awesome stuff, right?
On the flip side, I wanna hear what all y’all consider to be the annoying stereotypes that have been totally overdone. Like to the point where if you see another one, you’ll hurl.
I’ll get the party started:
- The quirky, cute, but not pretty, friend
- The nerd–thick glasses, messy hair, NO fashion sense, and so scrawny and pale you wonder if they eat protein
- The mean chick–and she has to be a rich, shopaholic, cheerleader..oh yeah, and blonde
- The aloof hottie who turns out to have a sensitive side
- The jock–need I say more? Yeah, didn’t think so
- The leather wearing badass–*yawn*
- The shy, awkward girl–usually brunette…and sometimes smart
- THE BROODING VAMPIRE–embrace the bloodlust, already! Gawd!
‘Kay, gang, your turn. What character has been done to the point uber-stereotype?