I’d like to give a big THANKS to Doreen Cox for passing the Versatile Blogger Award on to me. She published a memoir, ADVENTURES IN MOTHER SITTING. It chronicles Doreen’s and her mother’s lives while Doreen’s mom suffers through dementia. Doreen was her mom’s primary caregiver and she documented the experience and put it in book form to share with others.
So, I’m supposed to share 7 things about myself. BUT, Doreen had a fun idea of having one of my characters share 7 things about herself. Last week, you learned about Nickie’s big secret. (She’s my MC from SHIFTING PRIDE, a YA Paranormal.) Today, I’ll share facts about her “human side.” (It’s okay, she won’t mind.)
1) Nickie hopes to be Lady MacBeth in the next Drama Club production.
2) Nickie really hates skateboarders. They interrupt her practicing lines all the time when she walks home from school.
3) Nickie HATES tuna fish. Well, she hated it BEFORE she started to change…
4) Nickie’s room is full of old Drama Club props from previous plays she’s been in.
5) Nickie’s mom insists they have Game Night every week. So Nickie gets to have quality time with her brother. Yay. (not)
6) Nickie’s favorite band is Breaking Benjamin.
7) Nickie desperately misses her dad; she’s the only one who believes he’s still alive.
Poor Nickie, right?
Also, I’m supposed to nominate 10 other Versatile bloggers…BUT THERE’S SO MANY OF YOU!!! SO, please do share something about yourself and feel free to post the Versatile Blogger Award on your blog, okay? Okay.